We did a lot of little things on Monday. Tom started the day by filling in the gravel paths between the boxes. I planted a few marigolds, while Tom started making more "mel's mix".
I planted the strawberry plants in the morning. I tried to shade them but the day was quite windy and the shades kept blowing over. Today (Friday) the plants look a little limp.
The large boxes are 11 1/2" deep and would take a lot of mix so we laid some rocks in the bottom and put in about 9 inches of mix because that is deep enough for what we want to plant in them.
Added rocks and some sand that we had one hand. Any deep roots will grow into the sand or around the rocks.
This final photo shows the four beans coming up at various stages. The bottom right is just barely pushing thru the mix. Photo taken at 9 am on Tuesday.

2 comments:
That is so inspiring. It must be satisfying to have things popping up so quickly. You can probably just stand there and watch them grow. You are going to have so many yummy vegetables and fruit, you could become a vegitarian. I hope your strawberries are perking up. You will have a bumper crop if they all produce well. Keep up the great work.
Well, at least the weather forecast is for cooler weather this weekend. Maybe now things will have a fighting chance of growing normally.
Post a Comment