Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Preparations continue

Up early today so we could get the third box in place and then start adding the weed barrier. We are leaving less than two feet along the south wall as we can reach in from three sides. Probably won't plant in this third box until spring because it will be in the shade most of the winter.














Next I'm shown cutting the first piece of the weed barrier. We are using 3 ft. wide by 10 ft. long pieces and overlapping them about one inch






The first piece was placed along the south and west walls.









More cutting. Notice the use of an old pillow to help the knees.








Tom is adjusting the weed barrier so he can start covering it with the gravel that we already had in the yard. (I think I would like a finer gravel)







Tom is adding gravel over the weed barrier.








This is what the south section looks like. We stopped here for the day as it got too hot.








3 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, what a team. I can't wait to see all those veggies and flowers filling up those planters. That is going to make a great garden.

Kemp said...

Looks like it was a very productive day. Are the boxes only going to allow 6 inch roots?

Kemp said...

No update today. Someone is slacking off!!!