Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tracking progress

It's fun to watch the plants grow. The shade covered lettuce and peppers have reached the bottom of the shades and have been in over a week so we will see how they do today exposed to the sun. I've trimmed off two batches of lettuce so far. In the right photo it shows I've trimmed off the lower leaves of the broccoli so I won''t have so many leaves to check for worms. Only found two yesterday and two today.










On the left is the tomato plant that is really growing. At least two inches higher since Monday. In the lower left of the photo you can see the peas starting to grab hold of the netting. The right photo shows the artichoke putting out new leaves.








The summer squash plants came through the transplanting in good shape and are putting out new growth. No photo but noticed a zuchinni seed that I planted about two weeks ago is poking its head through, also the garlic cloves that were also planted two weeks ago are sending up shoots. In the right photo is a view of the marigolds that are thriving and the new lettuce seeds starting to grow.










2 comments:

Tomks1 said...

Great progress!! Maybe Saturday we can get the "covered wagon" frames built and some more fabric laid down. If I have some lumber, I'll make the square foot boxes.

You go girl!

Nancy said...

That's so fun to see all that growth. I'll bet there's something so satisfying about whatching the progress and everything just keep greening up and growing. Especially where you can actually eat your efforts.